Do you need to recover data from a CD or DVD? It could data recovery in Raleigh NC be your data backed up on a CD or a movie or songs. It could be something as precious as your wedding photos from some time back.
It could also be a game that you backed up on your CD or DVD, but you can’t access it. Some time back, if such a thing happened, then your stuff was gone for good. Now there is a new Tool for recovering data files of all kinds from your CD or DVD.
In my case, it was a backup for my file that I had done after I noticed that my Hard Disk Drive was having problems. Once I was sure I had backed up everything, I continued to use it as I normally do.
- I felt safe. Then the expected happened. The HDD “died” and I had to do a restoration from my DVD backup to my new HDD.
- That’s when I realized that my first Disc was not accessible.
- It showed that it was full, but I just couldn’t open it. I thought my DVD drive that had a problem.
- So I tried with my brother’s laptop, but it could not read it either. The other DVDs were okay.
From this experience, I learned that when it comes to backing up you computer, it’s best to verify that you have all your backup working as expected.
Sometimes this option might not include doing the actual backup and restore, even though it’s the safest option, but a simple check that the optical drive can read the CDs is a must.
The rule of thumb is to do a simple drill and see if it works. You can use an old HDD if you have one.
The Best Tool For Recovering Data From An Optical Drive
That is when I looked for a solution and came across a CD and DVD recovery tool. Other tools recover data from HDDs and Flash drives, and some could even be used to retrieve data from DVDs and CDs.
This guide looks specifically at CD/DVD Data Recovery. The CD Recover Toolbox has worked for me every time since I started using it.
The CD Recovery Toolbox is completely free, and there is no premium version either. Free here refers to the fact that you can use it free without paying for it.
You can recover data from scratched CDS, chipped CDs, or from CDs whose data the optical drive wrongly recorded. The process can be fast or slow.
It will depend on how accurate you want the recovery to be. If the data is lost physically, as when the particular part where it was stored was chipped away, then it cannot be recovered.
To recover data suing the CD Recovery Toolbox, you will need to follow the following steps.
1. Download it to your PC.
2. Then you need to install it on your PC.
3. Insert the faulty CD or DVD into your optical drive.
4. Start the CD Recovery Toolbox software.
5. The CD Recovery Toolbox will detect the faulty CD or DVD.
6. It will load the folders and files in the Disk
7. Choose the files you want to recover by checking the boxes on their left.
8. Select the quality you want and destination and click start.
9. Wait for the recovery process to complete
10. You can now access the recovered files from the location you saved them.